Q. What is the best possible advice followed to get rid of allergic nasal polyp?

I am 39 years old. I have an allergic nasal polyp for the past ten years. I consulted the doctor before ten years back. The doctor told me that there is no need to undergo surgery and he prescribed Rhinocort aqua which is currently unavailable, and I have been using other sprays. It is not working on me. What is your best possible advice to get rid off allergic nasal polyp?

#

First, we need a clinical examination, radiology, and endoscopy. The treatment options are surgery and medical management along with environmental control. Surgery involves endoscopic sinus surgery, and medical management includes control of allergy and inflammation.

It is necessary to find the allergen, and it is better to avoid it. It is the step followed under environmental control. Long-term allergy control involves immunotherapy. There is no use in using various sprays and waiting for a polyp to resolve.

|