Q. What is the best possible advice followed to get rid of allergic nasal polyp?

Published on Oct 28, 2018

I am 39 years old. I have an allergic nasal polyp for the past ten years. I consulted the doctor before ten years back. The doctor told me that there is no need to undergo surgery and he prescribed Rhinocort aqua which is currently unavailable, and I have been using other sprays. It is not working on me. What is your best possible advice to get rid off allergic nasal polyp?

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

First, we need a clinical examination, radiology, and endoscopy. The treatment options are surgery and medical management along with environmental control. Surgery involves endoscopic sinus surgery, and medical management includes control of allergy and inflammation.

It is necessary to find the allergen, and it is better to avoid it. It is the step followed under environmental control. Long-term allergy control involves immunotherapy. There is no use in using various sprays and waiting for a polyp to resolve.

Grade 3 dislocation of ACL. Is surgery compulsory?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband dislocated his ACL. I would like to get his X-rays evaluated for a second opinion. He was diagnosed with grade III dislocation. Is surgery necessary based on the X-rays attached? What are the risks if he does not operate? How does non-operative treatment compare? How long d...  Read Full »

Is hearing the breathing sounds while exhaling normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small question about exhaling breath sounds. I always listen to my body and make sure everything is as it should. I have mild ETD, which makes my nose a little stuffy when in dry environments or the humidity is low. Two weeks ago, I was to hiatal hernia surgery. They did check my...  Read Full »

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now