Q. What could be causing nausea after workout?

Dr. Atul Prakash
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Hemalatha
Published on Nov 10, 2019

I am seeking fitness expert insight on nausea after the workout. If someone feels nauseous after a workout, what might that mean and if someone regularly feels nauseous after workouts, what could be causing that? What can someone do before, during and after a workout to prevent nausea? What types of workouts are more likely to cause nausea? Are there any good pre or post-workout snacks that can help with nausea?

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

Feeling sick after a workout is multifactorial overexercising, high intensity, overhydration, or electrolyte imbalance are some of the causes. Regular episodes of nausea could be due to high intensity or overhydration. Keep hydrated but do not take too much water. Maintain salt balance, and take a fatty diet with some salt prior to high-intensity exercise. High intensity, and prolonged exercises like marathon, etc., are more likely to cause nausea. Salty fatty snacks in moderation prior to exercises with help to stave off nausea.

What exercises can be done to manage friction in kneecap?

Query: Hello doctor, My doctor said that I have friction in my kneecap and I have to do exercise to increase the strength of the muscle. Can you please give me the plan of exercises?  Read Full »

I have nausea, stomachache, gas and diarrhea. Is it stomach flu?

Query: Hello doctor, I got back from a trip yesterday, and have since had stomachache problems. I have had nausea, a stomachache (which sometimes feels like heartburn in my lower stomach), gas pains (that do not go away permanently), and a pretty severe loss of appetite (although I have gotten hungry and ...  Read Full »

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Ask a Fitness Expert Now