Q. Can long-time earphone usage cause pain in ears?

Answered by Dr. Shyam Kalyan N and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Ear Pain or Hearing Loss? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Can long-time earphone usage cause pain in ears?

Yesterday I used earphones which fit directly into ears for a very long-time. Today I am having extreme unbearable pain in back of head and ears. I have stopped using earphones now. Is there a fast fix for this unbearable back head pain? Can I take Disprin (I never take painkillers)? I use earphones on a daily basis under the prescribed volume limits. Though I have little pain sometime but not to this extent. Please suggest any medication.