Q. I developed a headache after taking Lyrica for cervical stenosis. Please suggest an alternative,

Dr. Anuj Gupta

I am taking Lyrica 25 mg and sometimes 50 mg for cervical stenosis. It seems that it will continue to get worse with nine to five desk work that I have started back. I tried it once and had a bit of headache and felt bad for a day. Is it not good to take during the workweek? How about MSM and bone broth? My current uric acid level is 9 mg/dL. Do I need to reduce sugar and protein to fix uric acid levels?

#

What is your job profile, and how much physical activity you have in your daily routine?

MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) and bone broth are said to benefit in cases of generalized weakness in bones and ligaments. They are multi-vitamins and will not help your neck pain. It is always good to eat less sugar in your diet and keep your weight in control. You should always have a balanced diet. As far as serum uric acid is concerned, one high value is not significant in the absence of any symptoms. Three consecutive values in three straight months are considered significant if all of them have a high value. This neck pain is very, very rare in increased uric acid. So, this should not be the primary reason.

Great, thanks for your reply. So you do not recommend lowering uric acids. It has been high for over five years, and I have frequent blood tests. What is the best regular exercise? Can I strengthen my neck muscles with the proper training? Is taking Lyrica a dose of 50 mg enough, or I need to take more?

#

1. I do not think uric acid is the culprit. It is easy to treat reports than to treat a person.

2. Neck exercises are good, apart from that, the best is regular walking for 45 minutes at a stretch.

3. Please make Lyrica (Pregabalin) 75 mg at night since 50 mg is too low.

|