Q. I have been having neck pain since I met with an accident. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Tony Magana and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Neck Pain or Physiotherapy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I involved in a car accident seven years ago. I have been having problems with my neck ever since. I recently consulted an orthopedic specialist and had an MRI done last week. The results are as follow: Multilevel degenerative disc disease with straightening of lordosis. Multilevel bulging and spondylotic ridging with superimposed disc osteophyte complexes at C4-C5 and C5-C6, central herniation at C3-C4 and multilevel luschka hypertrophy with foraminal encroachment. Currently, I am taking Aspirin, Lisinopril and Hydrochlorothiazide, Omega 3 and also Synthroid 0.55 mcg. I want to know how to deal with these issues? What to expect for the future and which type of exercise to avoid in order to maintain a normal life? Please suggest. Thank you.