Q. Will touching of bed sheet by needle tip before TT injection cause any contamination?

Answered by Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Needle Contamination or Tetanus Injection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have got a TT injection in deltoid of left arm today from a local hospital. After loading injection in casualty the nurse called to injection room, I sat there, nurse cleaned my arm with spirit. After cleaning, I noticed that the preloaded syringe with the needle was kept on the bed with needle touching bedsheet by the time I was about to ask, injection was administered. After this, I also enquired about this to the nurse then she said cap was slipped off and did not notice. I also enquired to RMO he also said no need to bother. I am having doubt that injection needle if touched the bedsheet, will there be contamination. Now I am anxious about this. Will there by any possibility of diseases due to this unsterile injection? Please give your opinion.