Q. I have stress fractures in T2-T4, but I feel tingling sensation in arms and legs. Why?

Dr. Sumit Chawla

I met a car accident three weeks ago and I have three stress fractures in my T2-T4, and I still feel tender. Though I hurt my neck and shoulder, I took it easy. I have been using my legs to help me get up, etc. My lower back is sore as well. I have a sore bottom and tail bone due to the seat around me. I have a little ache in my back when I move. I use my arms to get me up and my legs a lot as I go on my knees to do a few things.

Last night, I noticed that my left arm is tight sore and had a tingling sensation. Also, in my left leg around my ankle and feet I felt throbbing and tingling sensation. I am wondering it started last night but I have not moved much and used the muscles. And my scan reports were good except for the stress fracture. My shoulder is still sore and thighs are not too bad, but I can feel it.

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

It is only three weeks post-injury. Injuries will take some time to heal. With constant sitting or lying down you will additionally get pain or sore muscle aches. Try to move your position frequently.

Do you have a tingling sensation after a prolonged posture or continuously? Nerve compression can lead to a tingling sensation. Compression at the cervical spine level leads to tingling in arms and compression at the lumbar spine will lead to tingling in legs.

Reconfirm with your orthopedic surgeon, there should be no signs of nerve compression after physical examination. If there is no nerve compression nothing else needs to be done. Time will heal the rest.

| 

My surgeon said there was no nerve damage.

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

Give time for the injury to settle down. Muscle-strengthening exercises can be done once your injuries have completely healed.

| 

I feel a little better now. I was just stressing over nothing. I have not had any injury, all my surgeon told me was fractures and I was good to go. It is because the seat around was there for too long and I have been using my legs and arms to help me I feel stressed. But my muscles and ligaments are trying to work its way back as well. Should I go to hydro pool or start yoga or wait?

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

Start with yoga and after some time once your muscles are stretched out, there is no stiffness or sore muscles (after 1-2 weeks) go for hydro pool exercises.

Yoga exercises are mostly muscle relaxing exercises along with loosening up of the body. For muscle strengthening, go for hydro pool as the body experiences less stress under these conditions.

| 

Are my right knee and hip pain due to osteoid osteoma?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from right knee and hip pain, for more than one year. My MRI reports showed a right femoral neck stress fracture with surrounding edema and osteoid osteoma. The doctor saw my blood and MRI reports and suggested taking capsule Sunbless 60K, tablet Ezorb forte, and tablet ...  Read Full »

Why am I having tingling sensation in arm?

Query: Hello doctor, I have tingling left arm. Thumb and index finger are somewhat numb. Skin lesions infect arm. I was told that they are not shingles. Bone at base where skull and spine meet is stiff and sore. On no medication. Taking Ibuprofen for pain.  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the causes of radiating pain in the first metatarsal.

Query: Hi doctor, What are the causes of pain in the first metatarsal that radiate to the entire forefoot?  Read Full »

Ask a Chiropractor Now