Q. I have a lesion that keeps changing in color. What is that?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 22, 2020

I have attached a photo for your reference. Is this sign dangerous? It started almost 20 years ago to become dark and it became to be lighter around 5 years ago. Two days ago, again I have noticed this transformation with a white surface and that is healing now. It is around 4 mm. Please clarify what it is.

#

• Is there any complaint in it? How many such lesions are there?

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I do not have any complaint. I have just one lesion and there is no infection.

#

• I would suggest you to go for histopathological examination as inflammation over nevus is not considered as a good sign (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • If it occurs de novo, then it can be an early sign of malignancy.
  • Sometimes, Meyerson nevus (mole surrounded by eczema) can present like this, but, I would suggest you to go for histopathological examination.

Revert back with the reports to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|