Q. I do not feel any sensation in my penis at the time of sex. Does masturbation cause this numbness?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2019

Hello Doctor

I am a 30 year old male, married for 2 years. I do not smoke or drink. There is no medical history. My penis is circumcised from childhood. The problem which I am facing is that I do not feel any sensation in my penis glans at the time of sex or while masturbating.

In normal state, my penis is dry. I use lubricants while having sex. But still the penis remains numb. Only a few seconds before ejaculation I feel the sensation in my penis. I started masturbating 10 years back. Is this a reason for this numbness?

I do not have any erectile dysfunction. But still I am not able to enjoy sex due to this problem. Is there any medication to enhance sensation? Please help me overcome this problem.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns.

Having less or no sensation in penis while having sex is generally due to local factors. The systemic illnesses rarely affect in this way. Masturbation is normal and it does not have any adverse effects either on sensation or erection. So it is time to realize that the sensation problem is not due to chronic masturbation.

The possible reason as per available history is dryness of penis which makes the nerve endings non-functional over a course of time. To counter this problem it is essential to use oil based soap (rather than traditional soap) and skin moisturizer which prevent the dryness of skin of glans penis. It can be said that you can use any branded moisturizer for application to penis and local area after taking bath every day.

During love making session I advise you to use Durex real feel which is available across the globe for increasing sensation and making the sex more pleasurable. Unfortunately there are no medicines for this purpose and lubricants which I have mentioned above will be helpful to a large extent.

Revert back to a sexologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|