Q. I am not getting pregnant inspite of active sexual life. Why?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 05, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 07, 2019

I am 25 years old. I am newly married. I have irregular periods but not too late it occurs between 25 to 35 days. We are planning for a child but cannot get success. We have sex regularly. Now I have some doubts please clarify me in detail. I am over weight (pear-shaped). My height is 156 cm and weight is 68 kg. For my height and age, the ideal weight is only 50 kg. I am following a healthy diet by reducing the carbs and increasing the fiber and others. I am doing the walking and some low intensity exercise like squats but my relations compelled me to leave it as it will cause miscarriage. Whether my over weight cause any problem in my pregnancy?

Does this irregular period affect pregnancy? I had a fungal infection in my vagina before marriage. I took tablets, I have more other problems that the black skin in that area. Sometimes I feel little itching during periods alone. Will the black mark disappear or not? Does it have any impact on pregnancy? Does heat-inducing foods and other home-based natural treatments for skin affect my pregnancy? I sometimes feel feverish during periods why is so? My hubby sometimes has to be out off station. He will be out for 25 days so after that we will have sex, but I feel some pain after two or three hours after intercourse but its mild. We have more foreplays after these 25 days and also we have tried some other position like doggy, cowboy, etc. earlier it was only a missionary position. Does it have any problem? Do I have to go to the gynecologist?

Do traveling in car or jumping affects pregnancy? After intercourse, the sperms leak out of my vagina. My hubby feels like every thing ejaculated has leaked out. Is it usual or not even after doing in the tilted position it leaks out. What is the solution? The society makes us so confused all are giving advices. So we need proper guidance. Please help us.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Being overweight or obese definitely increases complications during pregnancy like abortion, low growth of baby, development of diabetes and hypertension. It is better to attempt weight reduction (if possible) before achieving pregnancy. Irregular periods, if it is between 25 and 35 days normally it does not affect the pregnancy, as such cycles are generally ovulatory.

The black marks are less likely to be due to fungal infection. Those generally indicate insulin resistance in obese individuals. They may disappear slowly once you lose weight. Itching is not normal, need to check once with a gynecologist to rule out infection. Normally, foods are not known to affect the chance of pregnancy. Just do not take an overdose of nutritional supplements, as it may affect baby if you conceive.

Slight rise in temperature normally occurs due to the hormonal effect and is considered normal. Slight pain after intercourse is no problem and needs no treatment. Traveling in a car or jumping does not affect pregnancy. Just do not try vigorous exercises in the first three months of pregnancy. Normally, semen leaks out after intercourse and there is nothing to worry, as what leaks out is generally plasma, sperms normally go into the uterus immediately after deposition in the vagina. Still, if you are worried, you can keep one or two pillows below your hip to keep the semen inside for the longer duration.

Apart from those answers, we normally do some tests for women who are trying for pregnancy. Those are hemoglobin, random blood sugar, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), Rubella IgG (to know immunity against rubella), HIV, HBsAG (surface antigen of hepatitis B virus). You can get those done if interested. These are to safeguard your baby.

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

My periods are irregular and not conceiving. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a history of irregular periods and now I am failing to get pregnant. To highlight about my past, I started having my periods from the age of 14 and had irregular periods always. Sometimes, I had heavy flow for 7 to 8 days and sometimes it was scanty for only 2 days. I was put ...  Read Full »

I have irregular periods and vaginal dryness. Can IUD be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I have irregular periods and vaginal dryness. I also have premenstrual spotting, followed by three days of profuse bleeding. I got an IUCD placed ten years back. I use Minoxidil 5 % for topical application, since three months, but I stopped it 15 days back. I have a history of vitamin ...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now