Q. I have sharp pain below the breast and near the rib cage. What could it be?

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

I am a 27-year-old female. I am experiencing sharp pain in the area below my left breast and near the rib cage. Could it be something serious?

#

I have read your query carefully, before any prescription I want to know few things,

1. The exact location of pain?

2. Type of pain like sharp, cutting, and duration of pain?

3. Any previous history of any disease?

4. Hypertension and diabetes?

5. Current medication?

The exact location of the pain would be right below my left breast. It is a sharp pain and occurs when I move suddenly. I was diagnosed with PCOS last year, and it is under control now. And my BP ranges from low to normal. No other history than this. I take Myoberb as suggested by my gynecologist for PCOS. No other medication. I workout in the gym every day.

#

Thanks for the response, as per your answers it may be an epigastric pain or splenic pain. I am prescribing you some medicines. Two more things I want to know from your side.

1. Any gastric problems, you have like indigestion, acidity, gas, constipation?

2. Are you married, pregnant?

Please reply, then I will prescribe you medicines.

I have acidity like symptoms since last week after I started drinking green tea and black coffee. I am married.

#

1. Capsule Pantocid D (Domperidone, Pantoprazole) once daily in the morning before breakfast.

2. Tablet Cyclopam (Dicyclomine, Mefenamic acid) when mild to moderate pain.

3. Tablet Tramadol 50 mg only use when sharp or severe pain occurs.

4. Tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily for five days.

If any of the above medicine not available on medicine store then message me, I will replace or substitute that.

|