Q. Does Peyronie's disease cause pain in the head and base of the penis during sex?

Dr. Yousef Abbas
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 22, 2021 and last reviewed on: Nov 11, 2022

I had an injury during intercourse four months ago. The injury occurred while it was 80 % erect inside my partner. There was no significant bleeding. But I felt pain at the base and head of my penis. I did an ultrasound and MRI, and it spotted an old trauma. There is pain under the head for one to two hours every day and pinching type of pain in the penis head. I also experience sharp pain during intercourse and mild curvature of the penis to erect the left side. Many doctors said that the pain could be due to Peyronie's that is caused by trauma.

My question is can Peyronie's cause pain?

Thanks.

#

I read everything carefully and had a close look at the file you sent together with your message (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). I can see healthy erectile tissue. And the area that you are pointing to seems to be an anatomic variation within the normal range. This variation is not related to your symptoms.

I want to separate the pain from the curvature issue because, in most cases, they are not related. It is not advisable to take tablet Diclofenac on your own as it is a great threat to arthritis pain. You are suffering from a chronic, sterile, and post-traumatic diffuse inflammation in the upper part of your penis.

So, I would like to change your pain medication. It would help if you took an anti-inflammatory with analgesics to treat your prostatitis.

Your condition is not Peyronie's disease.

Take the following medications;

1) Take tablet Tramadol 50 mg twice a day.

2) Mometasone ointment for topical use on the penis after every shower.

Peyronie's disease and prostatitis.

Thanks for the reply.

I can see a general reduction in pain patterns even without anti-inflammatory. Thanks for the review. All the scar-like feelings started post-anti-oxidation therapy.

Please share what made you believe it is prostatitis-related and how to diagnose it.

Thanks.

#

Do not overestimate the one-sided structural inequalities in the penis. As a urologist and andrologist, palpating penises is something one does daily. Almost no penis is without some unilateral anomaly. In 99 % of the cases, it is harmless. So, I stand firm on the diagnoses I gave you.

About prostatitis, type 3B is prevalent in young men. But science still does not know the reason. It is entirely a diagnosis by exclusion of other causes. So, do not look for tests; there are no reliable tests for type 3B.

Usually, nobody would treat prostatitis 3B because it is harmless and self-limiting. But since you mentioned that you are experiencing pain, I thought it would be helpful to recommend mild medications.

Take care.

|