Q. Are hand trembling, chest pain,choking feeling and light-headedness symptoms of panic attack?

Dr. Ajit Naik
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 02, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 05, 2019

I think I have a panic attack or panic disorder because I experience hand trembling, chest pain, feeling choking, light-headed, difficult to breathe, numbness, nausea, a sudden fear of death, sometimes fainted, and tightness in my throat but my parents do not believe me. I am sick, and they do not want to bring me to the psychiatrist because they do not believe me.

Dr. Ajit Naik

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

You are right, these are panic symptoms. You can get yourself checked for a thyroid function test and a clinical examination from a doctor nearby to find out if there is some other reason for these episodes, which can happen in thyroid problems. If your doctor finds your tests and examinations are normal, then you can show this as proof to your parents and seek help from a psychiatrist for these anxiety symptoms. It may take some time but let us hope they listen to you. If not, you have a right to get yourself treated for your discomfort.

|