Q. What to do for the red rashes present on my back and shoulder?

Dr. Dilip Meena
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I have some red rashes on my back. It is present on my shoulder too. It got started before a day. I do not have pain or itching over the marks. I seem to have a big patch and the other patches seems to be small.

#

I understand your concern. I have some questions to ask you. Please mention whether it is present only on one side of the back and shoulder. Please mention whether you have fluid or water-filled lesions. Please mention whether you have a burning sensation over it. Please mention whether you have a lesion on the front of the body. Please send some pictures of the whole back.

The big red patch is present on one side of the back on the left side. The other small patches are present on the left side. My right shoulder is clear. I do not have fluid or water-filled lesions. I do not have a burning or itching sensation over it. I have some small patches on the front also. I am attaching some pictures. I seem to have some dryness on the big patch. Earlier, I use to get normal pimples on my back but it is not present as this type. But in general, I will not have a clear back. I have some pimples over there.

#

Thanks for sharing the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have two different conditions. You have truncal acne and it is present for a long time. The other condition is papular urticaria. It is the new papular lesions formed and it occurs due to insect bite hypersensitivity. For papular urticaria, you can use Momate cream (Mometasone) twice a day for a week and take tablet LCZ 5 mg (Levocetirizine) once at night for a week. For acne, you can take capsule Doxycycline 100 mg once a day. You can also use Persol forte gel (Benzoyl peroxide with Sulphur) once at night on the acne. Use it in a small amount without rubbing it for three weeks.

|