iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersGeneral Medicinepelvic inflammatory diseaseWhat can be done for severe pain due to pelvic inflammatory disease?

I have severe pain due to pelvic inflammatory disease. Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Divya Banu M

Published At May 16, 2019
Reviewed AtAugust 24, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am 54 and passed by menopause. Recently, I had done my lower ultrasound due to heavy back pain, and ultrasound shows pelvic inflammatory disease. Suggest me what to do, pain is not bearable. I am already taking BP and cholesterol medicine on a regular basis. Kindly suggest.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

You said severe lower abdominal pain and the ultrasound report came as pelvic infection disease. Are you having any white discharge per vagina or high color urine?

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

I do not have any of the symptoms mentioned by you.


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

No problem. I have prescribed drugs. You can take for five days.

Investigations to be done

Stool examination routine.

Differential diagnosis

Pelvic infection.

Treatment plan

Tablet Ranitidine 150 mg one tablet two times before food. Tablet Flagyl 400 mg (Metronidazole) one tablet two times before food. Tablet Norflox 400 mg one tablet two times before food. Tablet Combiflam one tablet two times before food for seven days.

Preventive measures

Avoid taking food outside.

Regarding follow up

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. C. Elanchezhian
Dr. C. Elanchezhian

General Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy