Q. My foreskin is tight and unretractable with white matter inside. Kindly help.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 05, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 05, 2021

I am a 21-year-old male weighing 96 kg and 168 cm tall. I am not taking any medication currently. My foreskin and penis were normal until a month ago. More than a month ago, I noticed some white discharge trapped in my foreskin. I noticed white spots in the inner foreskin. Later the inner foreskin started turning white and became very tight. The penis became shaped like a rubber band, with it being smaller in diameter in the middle. It became difficult to retract the penis head. Now the penis head also has turned white, and the penis head and foreskin became swollen. The swelling in the penis head has gone, but the foreskin is still swollen and does not return to its normal position. Initially, the pain was not there, but it has started after swelling. Please help.

#

The condition you have is called phimosis, which is the narrowing of the foreskin trapping the white material called smegma inside. The treatment by medications has a success rate of around 70%. If the medical treatment failed, then the last option is circumcision.

Apply Hydrocortisone cream and rub it on the foreskin gently twice daily for six weeks. During the treatment period, you can gradually retract the foreskin after two weeks until complete retraction by the end of treatment. After treatment is complete, please make it a habit to retract the foreskin daily and clear all smegma manually.

|