Q. I am not able to sit properly due to piles and anal itching. Please suggest medicines.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana
This is a premium question & answer published on May 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 31, 2021

For piles, I am taking two Himalaya tablets daily. But I am unable to sit properly due to anal itching. Please suggest a medicine.

#

You are taking ayurvedic medicine for piles. Sometimes, it can help you, and sometimes, it cannot help you. I suggest you consult a local general surgeon for having examination before taking other treatments. If piles remain for a long time, it causes significant pain and trouble in daily life. For now, you can start taking treatment. You can take Isabgol husk two tablespoons daily irrespective of having soft stools or hard stools. Fiber has many things to do in the gut other than the stool softening effect.

You can take tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily for five days. You can take tablet Flagyl 400 mg thrice daily for five days. But it can cause some side effects such as gut upset and metallic taste in the mouth. You can use a sitz bath. Put approximately 5 ml of Dettol or any antiseptics in the bathtub filled with tepid water and do it three times a day. Keep your area clean near your bottom. Remove your hairs. Reduce your weight if you are overweight. Increased weight can impair your defecation mechanism and it causes increased pressure under the bottom. It worsens the anal hemorrhoids or fissures in long term. Have a follow-up after a week.

|