Q. Can vaginal pimple cause mild vulvar pain?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

Yesterday I had a bit of pain and an uncomfortable feeling on one side of my vulva, but I ignored it as it was minor. Today the pain got stronger and I noticed a lump in the size of a pea. There is a small white point in the middle and so I guessed it as a vaginal pimple. Now it hurts a lot and I cannot walk or sit normally. Even when I am lying down without moving, it hurts me a lot. I want to know whether it is a pimple. I also have a picture of it. I have not taken medication for it and I am not sexually active.

#

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. From your explanation, it appears to be a pimple. Please mention whether you have done shaving of the private area recently, or used any new underwear or washing soap. Kindly send a picture of it and it helps for better assessment.

No, I have not shaved the area or used a different soap than normally. Is there anything that can be done to minimize the pain and discomfort?

#

I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is nothing serious and you will become fine within two days. Wear loose underwear and maintain good hygiene. Do not do intense exercise. It occurs due to breakage of hair in that place and it is common to occur.

|