Q. Why a pimple should not be popped?

Dr. Rabia
Published on Nov 11, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 14, 2019

Why a pimple should not be popped? When to pop a pimple? What to do after popping a pimple? What should I apply to heal the pimple and to avoid acne scars?

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

Many individuals with acne or other problems have a habit of popping up the pimples. It is never good to pop a pimple because it can lead to scarring. Patients are always advised to never pop up the pimple, as the risk of infection increases. The natural healing process gets disturbed and results in scarring.

If someone pops up the pimple, he/she should wash the area, and apply topical antibiotic like Fusidic acid ointment to protect from infection and scarring.

Why do I have pimples on the back of my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. A month ago, I noticed few small pimples at the back of my tongue and I thought that they will get alright on their own. But, they have been there for almost a month.  And, I have halitosis too. I often have a sore throat as well, but it is not severe.  Read Full »

I found pimples on my private parts. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I found pimples on my private parts yesterday. But, I do not feel any irritation. Please help.  Read Full »

Laser Treatment for Pimples and Pimple Scars

Article Overview: This article will discuss laser treatment for resistant acne, which does not respond to topical therapy. Read Article

Phototherapy, which includes both UVA, UVB and blue-red light is known to have beneficial effects on acne or pimples. Some of the lasers have also been found to be effective in reducing active acne. Active acne means an acne which is red or has pus. The laser is also useful in improving acne sc...  Read Article