Q. My face gets red after washing and I have trouble with my regular pooping. Why?

Dr. John Bocachica

Hello! I have been struggling with my face for several years now. It's very sensitive and very dry. Even when I wash my face, my face becomes redder. I have tried to go to many cosmetologists, but it worked only for some time and stopped. I have a bunch of pimples on my face, dry patches and irritated- red skin. I also have some troubles with my regular-pooping (sorry, forgot another word for it!).

Sometimes, I would not be able to poop for days , even though my diet is very normal and the same as others and I do not eat anything extra or too little. Also, I can not put any acids on my face, as it will cause a lot of irritation. I have a cyst from about a year ago (I went to the doctor and cosmetologist, but it didn't work or remove it), so it kind of "spread"on my face and now much flatter and invisible. Should I be concerned? I really want to clear out my skin, but do not know how to! That is my main problem. Please, help.

#

Hello.

It actually sounds as if you may have rosacea which is a vascular skin condition which causes persistent redness to the face and occasional breaking out and it may also have effects on another part of your body. You really should see a local dermatologist and have him or her look at your skin very carefully and determine what the best course of treatment is for you as there are several that are very effective.

| 

What are the treatment options for sudden knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, This morning I got sudden knee pain. Since then I am having difficulty walking or moving my knee. I did not get my knee hurt. Please suggest some solution.  Read Full »

Adult Acne: A Common Problem

Article Overview: Adult acne is more common nowadays with changes in lifestyle and the use of various cosmetic products. The treatment of adult acne is a challenge for many dermatologists and is also frustrating for the patients. Understanding the cause of adult acne helps establish a better strategy for the prevention and treatment of adult acne. Read Article

Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Acne is very common in the teenage group. But, when we have acne as an adult, it is very frustrating. The Acne treatment which worked in adolescent age can be useless or even worsen the condition. Many people wonder 'do adults get acne?'. Yes, adults can get acne. Some continue to get acne in their ...  Read Article

Please advise the best treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have started getting heel pain after exerting in tennis. Please see the photo of the pain area marked in red. Initially, I had continuous pain while walking. It is slightly more on the first few steps after rest or sleep. My physiotherapist suggested it could be a plantar fasciitis and ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Cosmetologist Now