Q. I maintain my erection for only for three minutes. Do I need treatment?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Published on Oct 17, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 21, 2019

I am not able to do intercourse with my wife for three months. My erection lasts only for three minutes, and then it will come down. How to increase erection for a longer period to have proper intercourse. Should I need to take any treatment? Please guide.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

As you mentioned, three minutes erection is within normal limits. So you do not need any medication for this.

However, you can do lifestyle modifications to manage your high blood pressure, and it will also help you with this problem.

Do regular exercise. Take a healthy diet and avoid any substance use.

Some exercise such as kegel exercises (pelvic-floor exercise) is also helpful; you can read about this and can start practice. I hope this helps.

| 

I was in doubt that, is this problem related to erectile dysfunction? What are the signs of erectile dysfunction and how to overcome it?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

#

One or more of the following symptoms that persist for more than six months or more.

1. Inability to get an erection.

2. Inability to maintain the erection for doing a sexual act.

3. Erection not as rigid as it used to be, and it does not last long enough to finish the sexual act.

To have a good sexual life it is advised to do regular exercise, avoid substance abuse and take healthy food. Maintain a healthy lifestyle.

| 

Are herbal medicines effective in curing erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor. I am 32 years old. My weight is 72 kg. I am not able to get full erection. I was on L-pride (Levosulpiride) and Nuanxit (Flupentixol) and I stopped it before a week. I do not have any problem like sugar or BP. Even if I get full erection, I ejaculate very early. What could be the problem...  Read Full »

Why am I not having a proper erection?

Query: Hello doctor, How are you doing? I hope you are good. My age is 29, from the last 8 to 9 days, I did not have a proper erection. This did not happen with me earlier. I am a bit worried because of this issue, also I am sleeping at 4 O'clock in the morning and waking up at 9 O'clock in the morning. Pl...  Read Full »

Please suggest some medicine to improve premature ejaculation.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old unmarried male. I have been suffering from premature ejaculation for the past 12 years. As my friend suggested, I am using Suhagra 50 mg pill before intercourse and had good erection. During my first time intercourse, I had very quick ejaculation. I was able to hold my ...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now