Q. What can cause weakness in postmenopausal period?

Answered by Dr. Rohit Jain and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan

Do you have a question on Postmenopausal Period. or Hypertension? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been in menopause for 6 years now. Over three months I have been having bouts of weakness in shoulders, arms and sides of stomach. I feel very weak and strange. I do not feel dizzy. Sometimes it starts with a hot flash. Or else I will stay awake with this terrible feeling and will have hot flash at the end of it. I had CBC. As my symptoms become worse I went to an urgent care and the doctor took 6 vials of blood. He checked many things including EKG, which is normal. My fasting finger prick was 74 and HbA1c 5.6. I have attached the rest of the blood reports.