Q. Are Wysolone, HCQS, Saaz and Shelcal safe during pregnancy?

My wife is 26 years old and she is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for the past one year. Now, she is pregnant. Her tablet pattern is Wysolone 2.5 mg in alternative days, HCQS 0-0-1, Saaz 1-1-1 and Shelcal 0-0-1. The lab tests performed were ANA 1+, RA factor less than 20. Are the above-mentioned drugs safe during pregnancy?

#

HCQS (Hydroxychloroquine sulfate), Prednisolone (Wysolone), Shelcal (Calcium carbonate and Vitamin D3) are relatively safe in pregnancy and your doctor will stop Saaz (Sulfasalazine) and if possible, Wysolone too.

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

But, we consulted with three to four DGO. They told that HCQS and Saaz are unsafe during pregnancy. These drugs may cause premature birth, cleft palate, and bone issues in the baby. So, we are very confused about this situation. Before one year, we were forced to abort the baby at two months due to urinary infection. Sorry to ask this, Is there any need to abort the baby?

#

There is no need to abort the baby. Go for level three ultrasound. All drugs are unsafe during pregnancy. In fact, for HCQS, I used the word relatively safe. So it is not surely safe, but the risk of birth defect is low.

I stop all the medicines in my RA (rheumatoid arthritis) patients who want to get pregnant. However, in case of RA flare, I give them TNF (tumor necrosis factor) alpha inhibitors during pregnancy. You need to check with your doctor, what he prefers to do.

|