Q. Can my wife take Doxinate tablet throughout her pregnancy?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My wife is 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant at present. She vomits in the mornings, and she has continuous light stomach pain. Once or twice a day, she has intense stomach pain for 5 to 7 minutes. She takes Doxinate tablet once a day. Is this type of pain common in pregnancy? Can she take Doxinate throughout her pregnancy? Will Digene help in these type of stomach pain and is it safe during pregnancy?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing?

• Usually, vomiting during pregnancy lasts till 12 to 16 weeks maximum. She can keep having Doxinate (Doxylamine succinate and Pyridoxine hydrochloride), 2 to 4 times a day. It is safe in pregnancy.
  • Gelusil or Mucaine gel is safer and better alternative, and it is recommended during pregnancy. She can get more relief by trying the following:
  1. Avoid oily and spicy food.
  2. Avoid lying flat after food.
  3. Have a stroll for few minutes before sleeping.
  4. Avoid lime or orange juice.
  • About the abdominal pain, I think, what you are mentioning is in the upper abdomen. This is due to gastritis or vomiting. It will resolve only after vomiting stops.
  • If the pain is in the lower abdomen, just rule out urinary infection by a routine urine test. Throughout pregnancy, the lady will have some discomfort or pain due to the stretching of the uterus. If the pain is unbearable, try injection Proluton-Depot (Hydroxyprogesterone) 500 mg. This hormone will relax her uterus and be effective for two weeks.

Hope I have clarified your query, and do write back. All the best.

For more information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

|