Q. When should I stop Clexane and Ecosprin should before delivery?

Dr. Nadia Khan
Published on Jun 26, 2019

Presently I am on my 34 th weeks of pregnancy. LMP was before eight months. I had an IUD of more than 37 weeks before two years. Present medications are Clexane 20, and Ecosprin 75 daily. As per my doctor's planning, I should go for C-section between 36 to 37 weeks. Now when I should stop my Claxene and Ecospirin? This medication is given by my gynecologist after analyzing my boh panel report which states lupus anticoagulant by DRVTT is 45.50. No lupus-like anticoagulant present, APTT is 31.30 and PTT-LA is 98.80. Kindly advice.

Dr. Nadia Khan

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I feel that it would be the best if you do not stop these medicines without the advice of your doctor who recommended these and made a plan for your pregnancy because self-treatment strategy will lead to no benefits. And both of these drugs are safe to use, so you do not have to worry. Furthermore, for your knowledge, aspirin is usually stopped at 35 to 36 weeks of pregnancy, and Clexane (Enoxaparin sodium) is being continued until delivery, and even after that. So I would again say that please take advice from your particular doctor before stopping any of these medications as your pregnancy is very precious. I hope it has helped you. If you require any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

| 

What treatment would you suggest seeing this MRI?

Query: Hi doctor, This is in regard to my mother. She is 51 years old. Her weight is 112 kg. She has severe pain in the lumbar spine till her bottom and not the legs. She had done an MRI of her spine earlier and got detected with slipped discs. Recently, she did another MRI of her brain and whole screening...  Read Full »

My wife was given different opinions from two doctors. What shall we do?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife, who is 23 years old, has autoantibodies SSA strong positive 3+, SSB borderline positive and RO52 strong positive 3+. She lost her first pregnancy last year, because CHB was found on fetus by TIFFA at 19 weeks with fetal hydrops bradycardia. Now, she is 8 weeks pregnant. Our obst...  Read Full »

Is having severe leg pain during pregnancy normal?

Query: Hello doctor, There is a complaint of severe pain in both the legs in my wife who is 14 weeks pregnant. She is unable to sleep due to the pain. All ANC check and blood tests are fine. This is the second pregnancy. She has complaints of a lot of pain in her legs on both sides, more on the right leg....  Read Full »