Q. Does vaginal itching after sex indicate STD?

Dr. Sushma Shah
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 20, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2019

I had sex with a prostitute last week. I used a condom, but I played her vagina with my hand. I came back home that night and had sex with my wife again. I also played her vagina with my hand. Next day, she had her periods and felt itchy at her vagina (I think genital herpes). So she scratched her vagina, and it became a damaged spot under the vagina. But it is better now and is about to heal. Is this STD or not?

Dr. Sushma Shah

HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

It may be normal, but I cannot deny from STD (sexually transmitted disease), and it may be herpes and vaginitis too.

1. Apply Betnovate-N locally up to deep in the vagina, after proper wash two times a day till required.

2. Ciplox TZ (Ciprofloxacin, Tinidazole) two times a day after food for three days.

3. Candid veginal tablet at night for six nights.It will be fine.

And it means you believe in polygamy, which is one day become dangerous. Be loyal, and you can use her ten times a day. So she will remain healthy so as you. If she has vaginitis, you also can get the infection.

| 

I have no STD symptoms. Should I still get tested before I meet my wife?

Query: Hello doctor,Due to work, I have been away from my wife for more than two years. I had a few sexual encounters with sex workers here. I had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex twice last year, protected oral sex and protected vaginal sex once last year, unprotected oral sex and protected ...  Read Full »

Can STD be transmitted through handjob?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to a massage parlor and got a handjob. I was told by my doctor that STDs are not transmitted this way. Is this true?  Read Full »

Has it been proven that shaving pubic hair is bad?

Query: Hello doctor, I remove my pubic my pubic hair often. However, lately I have come across some information on the internet where they try to give scientific evidence or studies or scientific view on why it is bad to shave pubic hair. Lots of the people have discussed about it, but they have not given ...  Read Full »

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now