Q. I am worried about the effects of radiation from a CT scan. Please help.

Dr. Sugandh Garg
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 11, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am a 26 year old female. I am worried after reading about the effects of radiation from a CT scan. I had two separate scans within a month. Both the scans were for the chest, abdomen, and pelvis. The doctors were looking for a potential lymphoma, but nothing conclusive was found. I am worried about the future cancer risk. Please help.

#

This kind of exposure to CT scan is not harmful, though you must avoid as much as possible. A continuous, long-term exposure daily may cause harmful radiation hazards and ill health.

So, do not worry about the exposure. This very minimal exposure does not pose any future cancer risk.

Consult a radiologist online to know about the risk levels of radiation exposure --> https://www.icliniq.com/search/online-doctors-directory/radiologist

|