Q. I have recurrent erections without any sexual stimulation. What is the cause?

Dr. Yousef Abbas

I am having recurrent erections without any sexual stimulation and my penis does not completely go down or relax. It gets hard on its own and it does not go down on its own. It started with a series of full erections but got reduced now. But it has not returned to normal. I want to know the cause of this problem and suggest a solution for it.

#

If you are able to consult a urologist with a sonography device and Doppler function, the doctor needs to have a close look at the blood vessels of the penis. If there is stenosis or microembolism, it can cause these strange symptoms of partial and transient priapism with partial erectile dysfunction. Your bladder and prostate should be checked. Also, a biopsy should be done to make sure that there is no inflammation in the erectile tissue. If you are able to see in basic health care, then the outlook is tough. You can have blood circulation bathing your penis in warm and cold water back and forth. You need to take Aspirin 100 mg a day in this condition. You can have a full-blown priapism and it is a painful erection that does not go away for hours. The only option left in the basic health care is emergency amputation (penectomy) of the penis to avoid systemic damage. Penectomy is a simple procedure presenting with two risks such as excessive blood loss if it is done properly and infection if it is not done hygienically. I hope and wish you that you will never need a penectomy and the problem will disappear as quickly as it came to you.

There are various causes.

You can have partial priapism followed by incomplete ED (erectile dysfunction).

To avoid potential micro-embolism, you can take Aspirin 100 mg one tablet for a day for twenty-one days. Follow all the above-mentioned measures.

|