Q. Ringing sounds in the ear. Taking Neomycin. But no relief yet.

Dr. Vaishali Mehta
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 14, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 28, 2018

Dear doctor,

I am hearing ringing sounds in the ear. It is three weeks now. I consulted a doctor and he said that everything looks normal but gave me Neomycin and I still have the ringing.

#

I understand your concern regarding ringing sounds in the ear or tinnitus.

This can occur due to varied reasons like:

• Oldage.
  • Noise exposure.
  • Blood pressure medicines.
  • Local diseases in the ear.

It can occur without a known cause too.

I would advise you to get an audiometric testing done and share the report with me.

Avoid exposure to any loud noises.

If it is disturbing your sleep, use a high-speed fan or clock to mask the sounds.

Try not to concentrate on the sounds and you could take an anti-anxiety drug, after consulting your physician.

Hope these measures would help.

Do let me know or consult an ENT specialist online, if you have any further questions --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|