Q. Why has the ringing sound in my ear shot up to the point of deafening?

Hi doctor,

I have an ear infection that is causing pain, wax build-up and a ringing sound in the ears. I went to the doctor, and they gave me medicines. Shortly after I reached home, the pain seems to be gone mostly, but the ringing has shot up to the point of deafening. Is there any reason for it? Also, I have tinnitus for the past four years.

#

• Do you have any ear discharge? Is the discharge always there? Does pus come out? Is there a giddiness or pain? Did you ever traumatize the ear? Is there any hearing difficulty?
  • You will most probably need a course of antibiotics and decongestants to remove the ear infection. I suggest you take Ofloxacin 200 mg one tablet twice daily after meals along with tablet Zyrtec (Cetirizine) 10 mg in the evening for a week.
  • Avoid putting any drops inside the ear. Water should not enter the ear.
  • After a week get an otoscopic examination of the ear. If it is dry, then get an audiometry test.

Do revert for any further support. I would be happy to help you.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|