Q. What is the treatment for runner's knee?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I am suffering from runner's knee. I am wondering about taking a break from training. Please suggest.

#

You are suffering from runner's knee for which you should get investigated with knee joint digital X-ray. Take rest. Avoid actions that aggravate pain like running, prolonged standing, and sitting. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen can be taken for pain and inflammation relief. Ice can be applied to get relieved from pain. A Physiotherapist can guide you with stretching exercise. I suggest you consult an Orthopedic surgeon for an examination.

|