Q. Can same group people marry and have healthy children?

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

I am planning to marry a boy who is known to me. But we have the same blood group B positive. Can we have a problem in having children? Or any other health problems? Please clarify my doubt. If a problem is present, give me a solution to avoid it.

#

The same blood group people can marry and can produce a healthy child. Do not get worried as far as the blood group is concerned. If you both are relative, then genetic counseling before conception is advisable. You can rule out hemoglobinopathy by HB (hemoglobin) electrophoresis and by HPLC method (high-performance liquid chromatography) especially thalassemia minor has to be ruled out.

For more information consult a pathologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pathologist

|