Q. Why do I experience fatigue and heart fluttering frequently?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am 34 years old and measure 5 feet 9 inches in height, and weigh 200 pounds. My heart flutters in my chest approximately every 30 minutes when resting. It feels like I need to take in a breath every time it flutters. It had been there constantly for two weeks. I also have fatigue, and I am scared to sleep.

I do not take any medication or consume alcohol. I stopped smoking a year ago (I was an occasional smoker).

#

I would suggest you get an ECG (electrocardiography) done immediately. No matter whoever doctor you visit, everyone is going to ask for an ECG. So after the ECG only, we can proceed with further evaluation and treatment. I would also suggest thyroid function tests as commonly thyroid disorders can cause such symptoms. Another common cause (apart from heart issues seen on ECG and thyroid), smoking and alcohol can commonly cause this. Since you mentioned that you are a teetotaller, I will keep them out of the diagnosis.

I hope this helps. Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|