Q. How to find the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

Dr. Sumit Chawla
Published on May 29, 2017

I am a 53 year old female. My weight is 54 kg and height is 4'10". I have been suffering from upper arm and shoulder pain for the past one year, and it increased in the last three months. I cannot lift any weight. I feel pain with movement (forward and backward) of the arm. The arm is stiff while sleeping and the pain increases during sleep.

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Orthopedics And Traumatology
#

• Non-traumatic pain in shoulder in a female of your age group is either because of periarthritis shoulder or frozen shoulder or due to early osteoarthritic changes in the shoulder joint.
  • Both clinical examination and radiological investigation such as x-ray and MRI scan are required to differentiate these conditions.

X-ray shoulder- anteroposterior, axial, and true anteroposterior view.

Revert with the reports to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

What is the solution for shoulder pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing pain on my right shoulder for a couple of weeks. I have the pain only when I move. When I raise my hands up and throwing anything overhead, I have the pain. The pain is at the front of my shoulder, and I can put the finger on the spot that is sore. I am taking Paracetam...  Read Full »

I have neck and shoulder pain that go away when I lie down. Any suggestions?

Query: Hello doctor,I complained of neck and shoulder pain. It was diagnosed to be muscle spasm by a doctor. X-ray has been taken. I was given cream and Muscadol tablets. I used ice and some exercise. It worked over 90 % but the problem is I feel pain after sitting on a chair for 10 minutes continually. It...  Read Full »

MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus re...  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now