Q. Why does the butt skin and the area between the thighs in private part becomes dark?

Dr. Rabia
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 18, 2019

I have an issue related to my skin, and my skin got dark between my thighs in the private part, and also butt got dark. And I have like dull skin near my private part and in the butt. My upper and down surface is fine. What is the issue and cure?

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

The skin of these parts are naturally darker than rest of body, especially in skin types from three to six. This pigmentation can be reduced by regular application of Vitamin C and Kojic acid-containing combination products to these areas. Add antioxidants to your diet and drink a lot of plenty of water. Apply Eventone c body milk to these areas bd for a month. Drink a lot of fresh and clean water. Follow-up at after a month.

Amla - a Treasure of Vitamin C

Article Overview: Amla is the one of the most important medicinal plants in the traditional system of medicine. It contains the highest amount of vitamin C and has other nutrients as well. I have discussed the health benefits of amla in this article. Read Article

Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

The wonder fruit amla (Indian gooseberry) is highly valued by nutritionists and practitioners of indigenous medicine. This is scientifically known as Emblica officinalis or Phyllanthus emblica.  Amla has been held in high esteem in indigenous medicine. It is acidic, diuretic and laxa...  Read Article

Will Kojivit cream and Clearmin soap help improve my skin tone?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. My face tone looks uneven and very dull. Can I use Kojivit gel to improve my skin tone along with clearmin soap? Is clearmin soap good? Or please suggest any other soap.  Read Full >>

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may continue the use of Kojivit gel, which has Kojic acid. However, I would recommend you to replace Kojivit gel with Vitamin-C based creams. The soap you have mentioned is fine, but make sure you are following a good facial routine, which means cleansing, toning, a...  Read Full

How can I remove dark patches due to jock itch?

Query: Hello doctor, I had jock itch six years ago over the groin area and lower abdomen. It was completely cured then but has left dark patches. I have been suggested by a dermatologist to use Glycolic acid 6 % cream, which does not seem to be working. Suggest an effective ointment to clear the dark patc...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Infections of the skin usually heal with hyperpigmentation. This post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is tough to resolve and would take years to go completely. However, creams containing Kojic acid do help to quicken the recovery twice daily for three months. For more ...  Read Full