Q. My skin became dull and saggy after delivery. Kindly suggest a remedy.

Dr. Snehal Laul

I am 39 years old. My skin became dull and sagging. I always had dark circles, but now my eyes look sunken and skin especially around the eyes has become dry, loose, and fine lines are appearing. My hemoglobin level is 11 g/dL. I have no other health issues, and I had a baby two years back, after that my skin sagging becomes more. Kindly suggest some remedy.

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

Use Nexglow cream at night for 20 days or Kojic cream at night for 20 days (on dark circles). Take tablet Limcee 500 mg once daily for 30 days.

Use Ahaglow face wash twice daily for 20 days. Wash your face gently. For skin rejuvenation, other options are chemical peeling (Glycolic acid 15 percent peel for dark circles, derma fillers for wrinkles, and Botox injection for wrinkles).

Any history of photosensitivity? Is your skin type dry or oily? Any history of atopy or allergies? Is there excess exposure to sun? Please reply.

| 

Yes, my skin is sensitive to sunlight. Skin is oily due to humid weather these days, otherwise, it is dry. Kindly suggest a cream for daily use too. I do not wish to go for fillers, etc.

Dr. Snehal Laul

Dermatology Venereology
#

Use photostable sunscreen four hourly even indoors for 10 days and 30 minutes before going outdoors for 20 days. Apply sunscreen with sun protection measures like wearing broad-brimmed hats and full clothes. Apply sunscreen daily even on cloudy days. If it does not suit your skin or greasy or uncomfortable revert back, I will change your sunscreen. Use sunscreen which suits your skin.

Use Ahaglow face wash twice daily for 20 days (for oily skin) or Cetaphil cleanser twice daily for 20 days (for dry skin face wash).

Emoderm cream is a good emollient that will make skin soft and smooth and will avoid dryness. You can apply when the skin is dry. Avoid harsh soap and long baths.

|