Q. How to overcome depression and social anxiety?

Answered by
Dr. Vandana Patidar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 01, 2023

Hi doctor,

I get socially anxious and do not feel right. A feeling of fear and anxiety, and depression all within me. I am unable to concentrate. Even if I try to do meditation, I feel as if my head will burst with the thoughts running through my mind. I can not help it. I try to be normal but do not feel it. Sometimes I feel a shortage of breath.

Please help me.

How can I keep myself calm?

Thank you.



Welcome to

Social anxiety is one of the commonest types of anxiety disorder. However, it is usually managed and treated very well.

At times anxiety becomes severe and can result in panic attacks. You may be suffering from the same.

These problems can be due to hormonal issues or genetic factors.

To reduce anxiety

1. Try a breathing exercise.

2. Try yoga and meditation.

3. Positively motivate yourself.

4. Eat a healthy, nutritious diet.

Investigations to be done

S. TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone sensitivity).

You can always connect with me back if you need help. If, after trying these, your problem does not get better, we can also start medicine or counseling. Whatever you are comfortable with.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Illness Anxiety Disorder (Hypochondriasis) - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment

What Is Illness Anxiety Disorder ... Illness anxiety disorder (IAD), otherwise called health anxiety, is ...   Read full

Depression: Know the Types and Classical Signs

Bipolar Disorder: Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression ... Clinical depression is an illness, a di...   Read full

Can depression be a cause for weight loss?

.. gone through your query. There are many causes for weight loss. Weight loss can be due to depression. Even any chronic infection in body can cause weight loss. If you are not taking proper diet due to gastric problem, then this might also the r...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

H3N2v Influenza - Treatment and Prevention
Management and prevention of an Influenza A virus variant include various treatment options and measures. The below arti...  Read more»
Flu A - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment and Prevention
The flu, or influenza, is a contagious viral infection that attacks the respiratory system. Flu A and B viruses are resp...  Read more»
H3N2v Influenza: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
The H3N2v is a non-human influenza virus seen in pigs and can cause human infection. To know more, read the article belo...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.