Q. Will recent intake of 5 mg Cialis cause complications in spinal anesthesia?

Dr. Karthic Natarajan Babu

Dear doctor,

I am undergoing a spinal anesthesia on the 11th for an inguinal hernia condition that I have. However, during a party with friends, I accidentally took a 5 mg Cialis tablet. I have heard that this may create complications in anesthesia. I am really tensed whether to go ahead with the surgery or not. Can you please guide me? I am hesitant to tell this to the doctor in front of my family. So please advice me.

#

I read your query regarding the spinal anesthesia. The Cialis tablet should not have any effect for the procedure on the 11th. Usually the drug effect lasts for only for 36 to 40 hours. Even spinal anaesthesia guidelines is for stoppage of such drugs for 24 hours prior to surgery only. So you can go ahead with your planned inguinal hernia repair.

For more information consult an anesthesiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/anesthesiologist

|