Q. What is your opinion about my right-sided abdominal cramps?

Answered by
Dr. Veerpal Singh Uppal
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 22, 2017

Hi doctor,

The following symptoms started about four hours ago. I am experiencing cramps on my right side, near my hip bone. I feel them more in the front but at times, can feel it in my back. At first, the cramps were minutes apart, but now they are roughly 30 seconds apart. I am a 43 year old female. My height is 5'4" and weight is 140 lbs. I am not having any sort of bathroom issues. I have not had a menstrual cycle in the last three years due to uterine ablation. Kidney stones do run in the family. What is your suggestion about my cramps?

Dr. Veerpal Singh Uppal

General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • If it is manifested with high temperature and spasmatic pain, then we should think of acute conditions such as appendicitis, cholecystitis (gall bladder inflammation acute or chronic) or lower urinary tract infections.
  • If the pain is acute and worsening, then you must consider consulting your GP or family physician as soon possible.
  • If it is periodic, then I suggest you start antispasmodics or painkillers such as Ibuprofen 200 mg twice daily for three to four days to get temporary relief.

The Probable causes:

Previous chronic gynecological disorder or chronic GIT disease (gastrointestinal tract disease).

Investigations to be done:

1. CBC (complete blood count).
2. Abdominal ultrasound.
3. Biochemistry test includes CRP (C-reactive protein), ALAT (alanine aminotransferase), ASAT (aspartate aminotransferase), GGTP (gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase), etc.

Differential diagnosis:

1. Gallstones.
2. Kidney stones.
3. Oophoritis.

Probable diagnosis:

1. Salpingitis.
2. Oophoritis.
3. Gallstones.
4. Kidney stones.

Treatment plan:

pain killers, investigation and physician consultation.

Regarding follow up:

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why am I getting recurrent kidney stones with stomach pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have many health problems. My gallbladder was removed two years back and now I feel pain in the left as well as right side of the stomach below ribs. I am also suffering from repeated kidney stones at the left side and also in my both arms, I feel some bulges sort of thing. Please s...  Read Full »

I have pain in my heels which did not get better with any painkiller. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I have a pain in my heels from three to four months. I used a lot of painkillers like Ibuprofen, Voltral, Nims, Dicloran inj, Brexien, Movax, Muscoril, Rotec, Bonate, Carlex D, and Vitamin D inj. and Methicobal inj. etc, but the result is zero. I also try to w...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to clear kidney stones.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kidney stone in my right kidney and I have abdominal pain. Is there any medicine to clear out the stone or is the operation the only way? Please help me.  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.