Q. I am suffering from severe stomach pain. Could it be cancer?

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 15, 2020

I am a 20 year old female. 8 years ago, I had hemoptysis. The endoscopy report showed peptic ulcer and gastritis. I took drugs for three months. Again, 2 years ago, I had severe stomach pain. I was vomiting as soon as I eat. Again, I had an endoscopy and it showed the same, but there was a bubble-like projection in the wall of the stomach and H.pylori. The doctor said this projection is the heart impression. I took drugs for H.pylori. These days, I always suffer from stomach pain and it gets relieved by antacids. My CT scan was normal. I am afraid that it could be cancer.

#

• No, there is no possibility of cancer. Also, there is no heart impression on the stomach. This impression is present on the lower part of the esophagus.
  • Gastritis since long duration and Helicobacter pylori infection suggest your present symptom may be due to severe gastritis, which occurred again due to inadequate treatment of H.pylori infection.
  • Another possibility is loosening of esophago-stomach valve and upward movement of stomach acid. This may produce inflammation in the inner wall of the lower part of the esophagus. It is known as GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).

Repeat endoscopy.

H.pylori infection.

GERD.

Treatment for acidity.

Revert back with the report to a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|