Q. Is it normal to have pain around the belly button after eating food?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

I feel pain after eating some food around the belly button. Sometimes, it feels warm also around belly button and itching as well and tastes come from mouth what I ate. So, I want to know what is happeing with me.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

You may be suffering from acute gastritis with acid reflux. Pain around the belly button may be due to small bowel infection or belly button pain. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Use tablet Nexium 40 mg before breakfast for one week. Avoid spicy food and alcohol consumption. If symptoms are not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

| 

Related Video

I have stomach pain and darker stool. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male, and have stomach pain for around a week (mostly after eating). The pain starts in epigastric regions, and then to lower abdomen. I started noticing changing stool color to more darker stool. There is no diarrhea or vomiting, no fever. I am taking Omeprazole fo...  Read Full »

Can severe acid reflux turn my teeth translucent, and cause gums to recede?

Query: Hi doctor, Lately, I noticed that my teeth are not the best looking. I had acid reflux. I looked up a lot of stuff about acid in the mouth, and looking at my teeth I think this is what is happening. My teeth started turning translucent two weeks ago. When I looked it up, it said that it could occur...  Read Full »

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »