Q. What is the treatment for stomach pain and diarrhea?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

For around two weeks, I have had sharp excruciating pain in my stomach and diarrhea. I cannot hold my food down and the frequency of pain is constant. I have diarrhea for every 30 to 60 minutes. I also have sharp pains in my kidney area. My current medication includes Omeprazole 40 mg, Bupropion HCl 75 mg twice daily and Meloxicam 15 mg.

#

• I would suggest you to carry out ultrasound examination of abdomen, stool examination for ova, cyst and parasite and urine examination. Confirmation of diagnosis can be made only after relevant test.
  • My advice is to have plenty of fluids, including ORS (oral rehydration salts) to avoid dehydration and electrolyte imbalances. Also, have lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and dietary fibers.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|