Q. Stress echo test was taken for chest pain. Kindly explain.

Published on Apr 17, 2019

For the past few weeks, my mother aged 65 is experiencing chest pain or slight discomfort only when she walked for a while. We consulted the medicine doctor and he recommended the stress echo test which we got done. The test comes out to be positive but not strongly positive. We need another opinion on the report that comes out.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

If she is having consistent chest pain or heaviness or discomfort on exertion, then it suggests the possibility of blockages. And stress echo additionally supports this possibility. It shows hypokinesia with stress which is suggestive of blockages in heart vessels.

So, she should be on medicines like Aspirin, statins like Atorvastatin and nitrates, and these medicines are the most important part of her management. And she should also undergo angiography for confirmation of blockages and further treatment. So she should at least have medicines regularly till angiography is done.

Some of the blood test reports are attached below. Please refer to those. Secondly, there are three medicines which she has given. They are Nickoran 5 mg, Rozustat Gols 20 and Amtas M 2.5.

#

Her reports are fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Medicines are also fine and include all the essential components. You should have medicines regularly.

Why does my foot move up and down while lying down?

Query: Hello doctor, When I am lying down my foot moves. What it means is like my whole foot will move up and down (if this makes sense) sometimes my hips too. I cannot remember when this started to happen but it only happens when I lie down.  Read Full »

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full »

Chest pain, arm pain, and shortness of breath worsening with time. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, From past one month, I am suffering from chest pain, left arm pain, jaw pain, shortness of breath, sweating and weakness. Day by day, it is worsening and my fear is also increasing day by day. I am 19 years old with no bad habit and with a healthy diet and BMI. I used to go to the gym...  Read Full »