Q. Why am I having behavioral problems while preparing for exams?

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
Published on Sep 14, 2018

I am 22 years old female, currently preparing for some competitive exam. I am having a feeling of like nothing is good and this sometimes leads me to not study for the whole day and moreover, I am lacking the feeling of complete happiness, joy, or to feel sadness completely, and also I now have stopped going to meet my old friends much. Also, these behavioral problems were observed when I was giving my premedical entrance exam five years back. Then also I used to stop studying for days and even after having the guilt of not studying could not study for long. So, I just want to know that am I having any problem or is everything fine. And am I bothering too much? Please help.

#

You are overworked or overstressed. Take some vacation. I can understand about exam preparation but sometimes we need some break in our life. Due to continuous exposure, we get bored and then it is difficult to concentrate on work or study. Make a schedule. Do not just keep reading. Take daily enough sleep, at least 7 to 8 hours, eat healthy good home cooked food, avoid junk foods, do daily exercise for 30 to 45 minutes, do daily meditation, eat fruits and vegetables, spend time with friends and family, spend time for your creative hobbies like writing, painting, learn some new like musical instruments or language, etc. Laugh as much as you can. Life is to live, not just spend it. Study is important but only study is not important.

What are the symptoms of depression?

Query: Hello doctor, How do you know when you are depressed and should see a doctor?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The cardinal symptoms of depression are following, and these should be present for at least for two weeks: Depressed mood. Anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure from activities that are usually found enjoyable). Significant weight change or change in appetite. Ins...  Read Full

I am depressed due to relationship conflict with my mother-in-law. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am depressed and have relationship conflict. I am unable to understand my issues with mother-in-law over things that I could easily ignore and move on. I am over sensitive and tend to get heart breaks every while. I fight with my husband because of weird situations with my mother-in-law...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These issues sometimes arouse in married life but can be solved amicably. You should sit with your mother-in-law and express your feelings and also listen to her concerns and try to chalk out a solution. Also, you should work on stress management. Some steps for stress...  Read Full

I am depressed due to the guilt of ejaculating while sleeping in the same bed with my mother. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55 year old male, and I have been suffering from depression due to extreme guilt from 22 years. I have been taking allopathic medicines, but my depression bounces back. Actually, my childhood, teenage, and adolescent was disturbing. My father always abused me, and my parents qu...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel depressed and guilty due to past negative experiences in life. Multiple depressive episodes despite taking medication can be due to unresolved conflicts of childhood, which may reside in unconscious mind. Guilt is one of the factor...  Read Full