Q. How to improve the function of left hand and leg after a stroke attack?

Dr. Hitesh Kumar
Published on Nov 18, 2018

I am 60 years old male. Before a year, I got a stroke. After recovering from it, my left side ear, hand, and leg are not functioning well. Please suggest.

#

After a stroke, usually, recovery is maximum in initial three to six months. After that, you can have a slight improvement up to one to one and a half years. Some residual weakness usually persists. You need to do regular physiotherapy. Few patients develop spasticity, and it needs to be taken care by proper medicines or physiotherapy. I suggest you consult a neurologist in person for appropriate examination with all your previous reports.

I have weakness and pain in the arm. Should I anticipate surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I recently had an MRI on my neck. I have a 75 % weakness and pain on the left arm (tricep). Should I anticipate surgery?  Read Full »

When can physiotherapy be started after bilateral hip replacement surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had bilateral hip replacement surgery done recently. The right hip was replaced last month, and the left hip was replaced this month. Is it advisable to do physiotherapy now?  Read Full »

Is stroke with bleeding serious or without bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a stroke but I do not know how to explain it. Twice I was bleeding along with the stroke. One type of bleeding was chronic and the other one was acute. I would like to know which type of bleeding is dangerous? And also explain the reason for the same.  Read Full »