Thyroid Problem

Thyroid, which is a gland in the neck, produces hormones that regulate the metabolism of the body. Thyroid problems can occur due to the increase or decrease in the production of thyroid hormones. The most common thyroid problems are hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, goiter, thyroid nodules, and Graves' disease.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What could be the reason for symptoms like no period, hairfall, weight gain and facial hair growth?

Query: Hello doctor, I did not get my periods for the last one year. Now I got a lot of hair fall, increase in body weight, more hair growth in the face. I have thyroid and when checked before three months it was three times high than the normal. Now I am not able to go to any hospital. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Bhagyarekha Yattinamani

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I want to know your age, height, weight, and medications you are on for thyroid. Review with your reports.  Read Full »

What are the causes of irregular periods?

Query: Hi.i m 17 years periods are irregular.and sometimes it lasts for 15 days sometimes 7 or sometimes4 days..from last month i got my periods for only 3 days with very light flow.. and now it again started but very minute..little..i dont know why its happening like this..plz help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Bhagyarekha Yattinamani

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi dear, I understand your concern .am also proud that kids of your age are so thoughtful to ask these your age I was not even aware of such things . first of all after menarche ,till 18 years of age your body will be adjusting to the changing harmones and also your HPO axis will matu...  Read Full »

Will Rogaine foam help in hairf all due to stress and thyroid issue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lot of stress issues and thyroid which causes my hair fall out a lot. I came across Rogaine foam 5%. I am wondering if it is safe to use it for me? I do not have any patches just hair loss and thinning.  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap


Answer: Hi, Welcome to Hair loss occurs due to a variety of reasons. Most commonly at a young age is it occurs due to androgenetic alopecia, it is a type of alopecia due to the sensitivity of our frontal scalp hair to the androgens which increase during puberty. It appears at frontal areas and ...  Read Full »

Can telogen effluvium be reversed?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have Telogen effluvium because my hair has been diversely thinning for over a year and I have even lost hair on my neck area and sides of my head, along on top the scalp. I went to the dermatologist once last year and he thought it was TE, but it has not gotten any better an...  Read Full »

Dr. B. T. Priya


Answer: Hi, Welcome to In telogen effluvium, there will not hair loss involving the neck area. Is there any history of acute illness or systemic upset before the start of this problem? Why telogen effluvium was diagnosed? Is there any family illness of baldness? Hair loss over neckline is l...  Read Full »

Will Levothyroxine cause chest pain and shortness of breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chest pain and shortness of breath. It started on 16th March. Since then, it is still present, continued discomfort in chest and back. I am on 5 mg of Atorvastatin.  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Resting ECG and echo showed no abnormalities, and stress test does not show any abnormalities, although could not be completed. So, we cannot be certain that this is not cardiac pain...  Read Full »

Is there any permanent solution for my irregular bleeding problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently turned 19. I suffer from irregular periods. I did not have my periods for two to three months and then when I have them it would continue for a whole month straight without a pause. I have had the period gap problem for a few years now and recently started with these elong...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to This could probably be PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), which is a lifestyle disorder and because of the hormonal imbalances it causes can lead to irregular periods or maybe even thyroid abnormality which needs evaluation. There is nothing to be worried about and it ...  Read Full »

Can blood cancer cause fatigue and sleep disturbacnces?

Query: Hi doctor, Why do I feel extreme fatigue, pain and tiredness? I cannot sleep the whole night peacefully, because of the pain in my body. I have attached my blood work. Do I have any blood cancer like lymphoma or non-Hodgkin lymphoma?  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Based on your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: Your report is perfectly normal and there is no sign of any autoimmune disease or any cancer including lymphomas in the reports. As the symptoms are non-sp...  Read Full »

How is thyroid cancer diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41 year old male. My recent ultrasound of thyroid revealed multiple bilateral ganglion formation in area IV. The most prominent was 11 x 8 mm diameter in lower right cervical area. It was mentioned homogeneous thyroid. My doctor suggests clinical follow up due to the number of gang...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Srivastava

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Homogeneous thyroid usually suggests that gland is uniform in consistency meaning it is mostly benign. Thyroid nodules are fairly common; more so in women and the majority up to 95 % are benign. If you do not have major risk factors for thyroid cancer such as past exposur...  Read Full »

My palm sweats a lot. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My palm sweats a lot. Also my skin is too sensitive and gets tanned. How to get rid of it? Why there is a sudden growth of hair on my face?  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read your concern. You have palmar hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis may be idiopathic and primary, which means no cause can be rule out or secondary to other diseases such as metabolic disorders like endocrine diseases such as diabetes mellitus and hyperthyroidism. Dia...  Read Full »

Why do I get clear whitish mucus from the vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. Since last few days, I have observed thick jelly like clear whitish mucus coming out from my vagina. It is very thick and dry. It is not like the regular stretchy moist discharge. There is no irritation or pain. I am not sexually active. There is no odor also. Since ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to A white discharge is usually considered as normal. Also, it can be often sticky and often copious. Now, changes in normal discharge can occur for many reasons, including timing of menstrual cycle, emotional stress, nutritional status, pregnancy, usage of medications - inc...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.