Why does my face texture differ from body?

Q. Why does my face texture differ from body?

Answered by
Dr. Gaurang Gupta
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 23, 2023

Hello doctor,

My face texture is darker than my body texture. I have tried many face wash, face whitening creams and face packs, but nothing seems to work. Please help.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Your problem is very common especially in males. This is mainly due to working outside in sun which causes mild to severe tanning which you have (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Skin will become tan or darker due to sunlight. The photo exposed part become darker than rest of the body. I shall explain the treatment and precautions pointwise manner. Avoid direct sunlight exposure as much as you can. Wear sunglass, caps and cover exposed part of your body all the time. Use sunscreen thrice in a day like around 10 AM, 12 PM and 3 PM all over face. Sunscreen SPF (sun protection factor) should be around 50. Use anti-pigmentation cream over pigmented part like Kojic acid, Hydroquinone, Depiwhite cream, etc. If tanning is deep and too much then ideal treatment is Glycolic acid peels. Sittings of six to eight peels must be required. Perhaps, peeling is the best way to get skin tone fair. It is just few minutes procedure, but need expertise. It is a kind of acid which would be applied over face. Never stop sunscreen even if tanning goes off. Q-Switched Nd:YAG carbon facial is also a good option. Sitting required same as chemical peels. Face wash is not a treatment, but you can use Ahaglow which contains Glycolic acid.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I need your suggestions on which sunscreen to use.

.. factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays.   Read full

How can I remove dark patches due to jock itch?

.. the skin usually heal with hyperpigmentation. This post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is tough to resolve and would take years to go completely. However, creams containing Kojic acid do help to quicken the recovery twice daily for three months.   Read full

Can I use Kojivit gel to improve my skin tone along with clearmin soap?

Hi doctor, I got a swelling in the left lower eyelid as can be seen in the picture before four days. It is painful and the eye turned red. Since yesterday, I have been using Ciprofloxacin eye drops, but there is no relief.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Cosmetologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.