Q. How to deal with teeth grinding that developed due to brain tumor?

Answered by Dr. Chirag Solanki and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Teeth Grinding or Brain Tumours? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My nephew is 2 years and 5 months old and he had a brain surgery two months ago to extract a brain tumor. It was an anaplastic ependymoma on his fourth ventricle. After brain surgery, his awareness was low and he was on a ventilator for 50 days. He is doing well know, but our main problem is his teeth grinding (bruxism). It started five days before the surgery and it got worse after surgery. His teeth grinding made us extract three of his teeth and it is getting worse and it makes him cry and while crying he goes out of breath. His doctors do not know what to do about it. Please help us if there is any drug to make it better.