Q. What is the cause for my shoulder pain?

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu
Published on Feb 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 18, 2019

I have been having left shoulder pain and it really hurts. I have not had any injury in that shoulder. I had an injury on my right shoulder in the past where the bones had got separated. I had Ibuprofen once but it did not help. Please help.

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

Kindly let me know the full symptoms and their increasing or decreasing factors.

Do you get pain while sleeping on the same side of the painful shoulder? Any specific movement that worsen it or any sound from inside the shoulder?

You might have a rotator cuff tendinitis or mild impingement for which hot water fomentation and analgesic like tablet Ibuprofen 400 thrice a day for three days will help. If the pain does not improve, kindly consult your local orthopedic surgeon for further physical evaluation.

1. X-ray shoulder - AP (anteroposterior view).
2. True scapular lateral.
3. Ultrasound of shoulder.

Why am I not able to urinate from today evening even after drinking lots of water?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old woman, who weighs about 50 kg, and I am 5.6 feet tall. I did not urinate today from 4 PM, even after drinking plenty of water. My stomach is also paining. Can you please give me some tips for this?  Read Full »

Other than ultrasound, how can Down's syndrome be diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 weeks pregnant. Yesterday, I went for an ultrasound scan named targeted imaging for fetal anomalies. Other than hypoplasia of nasal bone, everything is normal. I need an expert opinion regarding advanced tests of ultrasound or amniocentesis, karyotyping or any ultrasound scan to ...  Read Full »

How long can I take Ibuprofen for pain from broken ribs?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old female, and I fell 10 days back and broke one or two ribs. The only thing that brings any relief is Ibuprofen 800 mg. I need to know how often and for how long can I take Ibuprofen? I tried Oxycodone 10 mg, but it does not work that well. Thank you.  Read Full »

Ask a Chiropractor Now