Q. What is the cause for my shoulder pain?

Dr. Palanikumar Chellamuthu
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 18, 2019

I have been having left shoulder pain and it really hurts. I have not had any injury in that shoulder. I had an injury on my right shoulder in the past where the bones had got separated. I had Ibuprofen once but it did not help. Please help.

#

Kindly let me know the full symptoms and their increasing or decreasing factors.

Do you get pain while sleeping on the same side of the painful shoulder? Any specific movement that worsen it or any sound from inside the shoulder?

You might have a rotator cuff tendinitis or mild impingement for which hot water fomentation and analgesic like tablet Ibuprofen 400 thrice a day for three days will help. If the pain does not improve, kindly consult your local orthopedic surgeon for further physical evaluation.

1. X-ray shoulder - AP (anteroposterior view).
2. True scapular lateral.
3. Ultrasound of shoulder.

|