Q. What could happen if a woman takes Testosterone supplements?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Can women take over-the-counter testosterone supplements meant for men? I am an 18-year-old female hoping it can help me build muscle, but I have a family history of breast cancer, and I do not want to mess with hormones if it is not safe.

Please give me your suggestions.

#

Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern.

Yes, taking an over-the-counter testosterone drug can cause hormonal imbalance and can lead to complications. Such as changes in voice, unwanted hair growth, and it can change the breast size, so I would suggest you not take it. If you want to build body muscle, you can go for natural ways such as diet; a high protein diet will help you. Such as eggs, red meat, green vegetables, so you do not have to take testosterone.

If anything else, please let me know.

|